Have a John Deere birthday celebration for your child or preteen. Consider these fun ideas when planning a John Deere Tractor birthday party. Follow these simple steps.
* Get your party invitations and supplies for a farm party on-line.
* Use John Deere party paper products you can find on-line.
* Use streamers and balloons in the John Deere colors of green and yellow.
* Look for party favors and decorations of red barns, farm animals and farm people.
* Make invitations cut into farm shapes such as barns or farm animals. Put a small amount of hay straw in each envelope.
Planning Your John Deere Birthday Party:
* Send the invitations out a few weeks before the party. Be sure to include R.S.V.P. on the invitations. It is also a good idea to follow up with those you have invited to make certain they plan on attending.
* Consider hiring a petting zoo to come to your home or a pony ride. If you are having the party elsewhere, at a venue, have them come to this location.
* Ask the guests to dress in farm clothing such as over-alls, straw hats, bandannas, and boots.
* Purchase the birthday child a John Deere T-Shirt to wear at the party. Have the party guests sign the shirt.
* Shop for party favors such as straw hats and bandannas for the guests to wear when they arrive. Purchase small favors such as small farm animals and anything else farm related that can be placed in a favor bag. Many ideas can be found on the internet.
* Shop around for cake ideas. If you rather the cake be made by a bakery shop, begin looking at different cake ideas. If you rather make the cake yourself, start shopping around for ideas such as pans shaped in farm animals or a barn. Be very creative when it comes to the cake since this is usually an audience catcher.
* Consider purchasing a prop of a John Deere Tractor. These can be found on line. Use this to set out by the party entrance for photo opportunities.
* Purchase props that you can decorate the front of your home with. A door cover of a barn can be really cute.
* Purchase straw to be spread on the floor or on the area outside where the party will be held.
* If you are fortunate enough to have access to a real John Deere tractor, place it at the entrance of your home. Another great photo opportunity.
* Purchase some bales of hay to spread out over the party area. The kids can use them to climb on and these also work well for photos.
* Purchase items you will need for "farm" games and activities. A pin the tail on the donkey is a good idea. A game with eggs is also another good idea and can be based on the eggs the chickens lay. An idea can be with real or plastic eggs depending on the age of the party goers. See how many eggs the child can get from the chicken to the house without dropping them. Use your creativity with games since these can be lots of fun and quite memorable for the party goers and birthday child.
* Offer animal crackers and moo-milk to the children. Be creative with the foods you will serve. Many ideas can be found on-line.
* Play real country western music at the party. Consider the old-timers such as Patsy Cline or Will Rogers.
* Consider square dancing games, competitions or just dancing for fun. You may have to give a quick lessons of a few simple steps.
* Place bales of hay to make a small maze for the kids to run through.
* Serve the cake and ice cream to kids sitting on the bales of hay.
* Play a game to see how fast each child can husk a corn.
* Play horseshoes as one of the party games
* For longer parties, consider showing a movie like Charlotte's Web. If you have the ability to show the movie outdoors, be sure to have this set up prior to the party. Use the bales of hay for seating. Serve popcorn as the movie food.
* Consider building a fire to roast marshmallows on. Be sure to have the sticks ready to place the marshmallow on to roast.
Using your imagination and creativity can make for a wonderful John Deere Tractor and farm birthday party.
Porter is a John Deere fan that owns a variety of John Deere licensed products. However, his favorite part of the company is their tractor line. He has miniature replicas of the John Deere 3010 and the John Deere 455 tractor in his home.